[mythtvnz] Recording Statistics

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Tue Oct 28 07:23:05 GMT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:49 PM, criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:

> David Lowe wrote:
> >...Actually, if I was in the business of
> > selling advertising, I would probably pay for this data.
>
> Why?  We don't watch the ads anyway.

well I reason that the reason we dont watch the ads is that most of them
aren't relevant. I DO watch the ads that are targeted at my demographic, so
if all that got sent to me (via the closed loop mythTV system) were
relevant, there is a chance I might look at them. I use Gmail and I have to
confess I have on some very rare occasions clicked the links that appear...
because they are relevant and personalised.

But i agree, my model needs a bit of work yet ;-)

- D