[mythtvnz] freeview HD on an AMD X2 6000+

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 23:50:17 BST 2008

I am now running this same set-up on my 5200X2, haven't done a through
test but in simple terms I can play TV3.

Well, at least I can while nothing else is happening. Unfortunately
playback and commskip cannot co-exists without stuttering.  What I am
trying to figure out is:

- How to select audio streams? I want to use AAC on TV3 all the time,
yet cannot see where to change this
- How to turn off Loopfilter. In Playback Profiles I leave it on CPU+
and edit the second entry (if rez <=1280 720 & > 720 576 ->XvMC) to use
2 CPU's and uncheck the Loopfilter box. I also changed the Primary
Deinterlacer to One Feild. I assumed all this would lower CPU usage but
it doesn't.

Also I am confused about the Loopfilter box, my reading of the
instruction is that with it checked, Loopfilter is enabled. This is the
default setting, yet by default my machine can play 1080i video which I
wouldn't expect without skiploopfilter. So it seems to be this setting
isn't being properly respected. Any thoughts?