[mythtvnz] Updated packages available

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Sat Oct 11 01:57:13 BST 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008 13:06:43 Paul Kendall wrote:
> On Saturday 11 October 2008 10:49:22 Douglas Pearless wrote:
> >    Hmm,  I just applied your latest update and I seem to be getting a
> > lot of seg faults now:
> >
> >    (lots of messages like the next line, then seg fault)
> >
> >    2008-10-11 10:45:13.733 [h264 @ 0xb70ddd10]number of reference
> > frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input), discarding one
> > 2008-10-11 10:45:13.737 [h264 @ 0xb70ddd10]error while decoding MB 55
> > 34, bytestream (-3)
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> >    Mythtv on LiveTV runs anything from an immediate segfault, to
> > staying up for some minutes, or longer.
>
> I have seen this when my signal strength is poor.
> I have a desktop antenna so my strength is normally very low.
> I get about 38% on TV1 & 2, but very low on TV3 and I get this kind of
> error quite a bit.

Replying to myself...
It's the bit-error rate not the signal strength, but it is related.
On most channels I get 0 but on 3 & 4 I get between 250 & 3000!
The higher the BE the worse the problem. You can see the BE next to the signal
strength on the OSD when you first change to the channel.

Hope this helps Douglas.

Cheers,
Paul