[mythtvnz] Updated packages available

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Oct 11 01:10:29 BST 2008

With reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors#Core_2_Extreme it would seem you are then using a single CPU of a dual or quad (not clear to me which!) CPU chip with a frequency of 2933 MHz.  From the comments here one might have thought that might be enough?

Are Intels and AMD's comparable here, in terms of Mhz equivalence?  I am also a little uncertain about the 32 and 64 bit part of the equation here, obviously 64 bit is going to be more capable, 64 bit AMD's are available, what about the Intels that seem 32 and 64 bit capable?

I was comptemplating buying a dual Intel 3Ghz chip in the expectation that one 3Ghz core might be enough for the job, perhaps that is too optimistic?  Is 64 bit AMD better?

Kind regards
David