[mythtvnz] Updated packages available

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:41:18 BST 2008

Study not going so well so I got a test install up again. Strangely,
despite working before, TV3 is now not perfectly smooth. It is almost
there just glitching occasionally. Changes:

- enabled Paul's repo
- updated
- added turned LNA on for Nova T 500

Interestingly I didn't change the any of the playback options previously
and it worked (although I may have missed the subtle freezing, don't
think so though). So thin time I tried the standard options first, then
went through and tried the various default configs (CPU+, CPU++ etc),
and tried with 1 or 2 CPU's, and with or without the skip filter. Got
the same, or worse, results every time. It can almost making, but there
is a slight skip every 5-10 seconds. Definitely enough to put anyone off
using it.

So I guess the current code requires the next step up (2.8GHz AMD) to
run smoothly although I possibly did something wrong. When I next try
again I will try with adding mythtv-fixes to see if that makes a
difference, although I assume Paul's updates are built on the latest fixes?

Will be interested to hear how others get on.

Andrew