[mythtvnz] I now have a skiploopfilter option - updates toPaul's ppa?

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 10:23:18 BST 2008

So to update: I have done a re-install and went through the steps one at
a time:

- Installed off the Mythbuntu 8.04.1 disk and ran setup. Could scan in
channels using Great Britain settings (although not all, later realised
I have forgotten to enable amplifier) and watch them but no sound. No
skiploopfilter option either, so all as expected

- Let Synaptic run all the updates it wanted and looked again. Now I
have a NZ tuning option, and a skiploopfilter option! So it has been put
into a recent update to myth after all. Sound doesn't work of course...

- Added Paul's PPA and updated. Sound works, however TV3 now is jerky
again. I have a look at Playback Profiles and the skiploopfilter option
is gone. Weird.

- Add mythtv-fixes to sources and updated.  Skiploopfilter comes back
and TV3 is smooth again.

So there you go. Looks like one of the main MythTV devs has added
exactly the feature many of us here need :)