[mythtvnz] [OT] dvb-s and dvb-t - auto selection of record source

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Wed Oct 1 01:55:12 BST 2008

2008/10/1 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>

> I have only DVB-T and analogue, and a lot of the SD programming on
> DVB-T (most now?) is 16:9.  I was wondering if it is the same on
> DVB-S?  Or does DVB-S broadcast the mangled 4:3 version that is sent
> on the analogue channels?

All channels except Cue and Stratos now broadcast widescreen (16:9) on DVB-S
(satellite freeview), and Sky Digital (where available). TVNZ and Mediaworks
broadcast a 14:9 single on their analogue service. Other note is that C4
analogue differs from digital between midnight and 2pm weekdays (showing
paid advertising on analogue during this time).

  -- simon