[mythtvnz] Small quiet FE machines with nVidia chipsets?

Neil Bertram neil at fishy.net.nz
Thu Nov 20 00:45:51 GMT 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> Given the promise of nVidia's VDPAU efforts, I wonder if it is going
> to be possible to find prebuilt small quiet machines with the
> necessary GPU? Something like an Asus EEE box with an onboard nVidia
> GPU would be sweet.
>
> Any ideas? (and I am not rushing give the likely delays before such
> API is stable in the myth internal player, although playing recordings
> with mplayer is a hackish possibilty).

I'm interested in this too.

I've been looking at the dual core Intel Atom 330 CPU, which seems to be
integrated into a number of boards. Since these chips are paired with
Intel945 chipsets, it's unlikely you'll find one with NVidia onboard.

I took a look at
http://minicomputerworld.com/mini-motherboard/habey-announces-mitx-6852-mini-itx-motherboard
which describes a board with a PCI-e 16x slot that could take an nvidia
card, yet is a low-power solution.

So that's the Habey MITX-6852 board... But no idea if you can buy it yet.

There's also the new Via Nano based solution, but they too don't have
onboard NVidia.

Anyone else found anything?

Neil