[mythtvnz] Remotes!

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Sun Nov 9 09:17:27 GMT 2008

Hi All.

I've been having a lot of trouble with keyboard remapping to support the
hackish way I'm using a Shuttle remote with MythTV. For the life of me,
I can't get X to remap various key codes to useful buttons Myth can then
use - they just won't get mapped with loadkeys, xmodmap, or even hacking
an .fdi file up for hal to use.

So, two questions..

(a) has anyone got keyboard remapping to behave at all in 8.10?

(b) what's the recommended remotes these days? I am guessing something
vaguely MCE-ish is likely to be high on the list given they are easily
obtained and appear to be supported by lirc okay.

Thanks!

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/