[mythtvnz] Home ethernet over power ?

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Fri May 30 13:24:36 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 22:12 +1200, Criggie wrote:
> Hey all - kind-of off topic, but has anyone here used Ethernet over
> Power converters?

I got a couple of 200M ones (Homeplug HD is the spec), which are a bit
faster than the 85M units. See blog post:

http://hairy.geek.nz/2008/03/27/netcomm-np200av-review/

> Does the signal stop at fuses/cutouts/boards?

Appears fine on different circuits of the same phase. I am certain I'm
crossing circuits with my setup, and it still works.

> Any other experiences?
>
> More details on the product:  http://www.dove.co.nz/jump/3575
> They're around the $200 for a pair.

Get the 200M units, while they're a little bit more, they are closer to
useful bitrates :)

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/