[mythtvnz] Home ethernet over power ?

Johan Schuld johanschuld at gmail.com
Sun May 25 00:32:20 BST 2008

Heyz,

I've developed some product in the past using the same idea.

It means that the powerplugs which you want to use to communicate through
need to be on the same "phase" in your house. Power is always generated in 3
groups, which are referred to as "phases". It means that there are 3 wires
going from the power plants to houses, but not all houses ave all 3 phases
connected. (each phase delivers 220V).

Check your fusebox. Each phase will have it's own main fuse. If there is
only one, you should not have a problem. If you have 2 or more, you have to
figure out which phase goes to which part of the house. Don't open the box
though, unless you know what you r doing. Sometimes it's written down on the
fuxebox, if not, you are unlucky hand have to trail error or get someone in
to find it out for you.

In the case the 2 powerplugs are NOT on the same group (=phase), it won't
work.

Cheers,