[mythtvnz] Freeview EPG Best Practice?

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed May 28 23:19:23 BST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 10:12:09 Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll confirm that your mini howto for xmltv seems to have worked, I'll
> > check what has been added to the database tonight. Adding the xmltv
> > package certainly made a difference to what is available in the video
> > sources screen of mythtv-setup!
>
> How do I check that mythfilldatabase has in fact run and added to the
> schedule? Apart from looking in the EPG and seeing how far in the
> future it goes?
>
> I can't find any reference in /var/log/mythtv/*

There's a couple of ways;

http://frog.nice.net.nz:6544/

http://frog.nice.net.nz/mythweb/status

(where frog.nice.net.nz is your backend)

SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value = 'mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus';

Or run mythfilldatabase and look for lines that say how many programs were
updated in the console output.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.