[mythtvnz] Freeview EPG Best Practice?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:59:36 BST 2008

I have just re-set up my system with mythbuntu 8.04 and want to set up
my EPG for best use. Previously (0.20) I had a cron job downloading
from http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg and running mythfilldatabase via cron
job.

Now I get the feeling there is a newer method of integrating external
xml feeds? Is this so and if so how do i do it? (I have to say that
all the docs seem to assume a north american userbase who pay $ to
schedules direct).

Secondly the listings for sky and freeview are different, at least for
TV3 & C4. In the sky listings there are subtitles (ie the episode
name) whereas they don't seem to be in the freeview listings.
Obviously the listings are far better if they contain the episode
name.  Is there a "best" set of listings for each of the channels?

Or should i be running EIT or epgsnoop?

Thanks for any input.