[mythtvnz] Hello from Norway -- Your dvb-t brethren

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri May 23 11:22:49 BST 2008

I just joined the list because I hit your archives when googling for
dvb-t, mythtv and nz. Norway uses (more or less) the same standard for
DVB-T as New Zealand, so I'll be watching what happens on that front
closely. I finally got myth going again with analog tv, (after a short
period running kernel 2.6.25 :-( ), so I will not be building the custom
myth for dvb-t just yet.

The main obstacle I see at the moment is the handling of interlaced
content. ALL the dvb-t content in Norway is interlaced, so the stripes
and mpeg-artifacts in the images are really annoying. I take a peek at
the state of things by building mplayer from svn about once a week. Some
of the crashing bugs have been ironed out, and I got a patch to make
audio stay in sync for interlaced content. That patch still applies to
current svn, so the current state of interlaced dvb-t in mplayer is
"barely watchable if you really must".

If progress is made I'll be happy to try out patches, time permitting.
I'm running gentoo with mythtv-0.21_p17100 and faad2-2.6.1-r1 at the
moment, I'm sure I will be able to bungle my way into making a custom
ebuild :-)

--
Håkon Alstadheim