[mythtvnz] Freeview Satellite lock problems on 12456, but 12483 OK

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri May 23 00:36:11 BST 2008

I moved house with my mythbox and today finally got my satellite dish
installed (got a pro to do it after mucking around on too many dark
evenings and rainy weekends).

Now 12483 (TV1, 2 etc) works fine with 80+ signal strength. But
anything on the other transponder the signal strength flickers between
0 and about 40 then back down to zero, seesawing up and down and there
is never a lock.

The pro installer put his fancy schmancy meter on the end of the cable
(ie the same end as plugs into the mythbox) and got good signal
strength on both transponders.

Anyone got any clues? Its been maybe six weeks since this machine has
been attached to a dish. Has anything changed?