[mythtvnz] New to Myth TV and would like your opinion

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Wed May 21 00:14:25 BST 2008

2008/5/21 Cameron McConnochie <cmcconnochie at gmail.com>:
> It sounds like you have a similar amount of Linux experience to me.  I use
> Mythbuntu and its been the easiest Linux installation I've done.
>
> I've been blown away by the ease of setup, maintenance and use.
>
> That said, I haven't touched Mythdora which seems to be the main
> alternative.
>
> There's my 2 cents,

Adding my 2 cents, I'll also recommend Mythbuntu (but then I've been
using Ubuntu since 06, and Debian before that). Mythbuntu has support
for PVR-150 and Skystar 2 cards out of the box. It's MythTV Control
Centre makes configuration of things like NFS, Samba, LIRC and MythTV
modules really easy.

OTOH, Mythdora is based on Fedora, so if you are more comfortable with
the Fedora way of things, it might be the distro for you.

  -- simon