[mythtvnz] New to Myth TV and would like your opinion

AlanP alan.p at orcon.net.nz
Sun May 18 12:27:52 BST 2008

At 10:12 p.m. 18/05/2008, you wrote:
> > What parts of MYTH TV do not work here in NZ?
>The only thing that doesn't work currently (that I'm aware of) is the DVB
>terrestrial broadcast. Satelitte is fine.

The weather bit doesn't work, from memory. We've never used it at any rate.

> > Seeing as the machine is not exactly the fastest available and I would
> > prefer to be on Freeview and standard for Prime, what  Combination
> > Satelite/UHF recievers have a built in mpeg 2 hardware encoder?
>If it were me I would go for a PVR-150 for broadcast and a DVB-S card for
>freeview. The Microsoft MCE remotes work well and are reasonably priced.

To expand on this, you'd use the DVB-S card in the mythbox to get freeview
using mythtv itself, and the SkyTV box video out would go into the PVR-150
analog capture card.

Satellite dish -> splitter
splitter->skybox for prime and whatnot
splitter->dvb-s card in mythbox and freeview

> > Could I co for 2 Recievers?
>Could you use 2 tuners? Sure.

If you're meaning two skyboxes on a PVR-150 each, yeah. 0.21 of myth
supports virtual tuners, so you could use the one DVB-S card to record as
many freeview channels at once as you want.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth