[mythtvnz] EPG Issues

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun May 18 06:54:43 BST 2008

On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:39:04 Steven Ellis wrote:
> 1 - There are the conflicting PIDS between Sky and freeview.

Yeah, that's why it is often One and Movie Greats.

> 2. dvbsnoop seems to pick up some cached EIT data from the card if you
> don't give it a chance to flush

Yes I recall a discussion on the before and figured that that was likely the
issue. What intrigues me though is why I've only seen the issue on Saturdays.

> What i do is run dvbsnoop and dump a 1000 packets before I run the EPG grab
>
>  dvbsnoop -adapter ${CARD} -n 1000 -nph 0x12

Good plan, I had a sleep in there which doesn't seem to be working anymore.
I've added something like that to my script now instead, hopefully that fixes
it.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware