[mythtvnz] EPG Issues

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 18 06:39:04 BST 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 5:15 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2008 13:31:18 Mike wrote:
>> Just noticed that the listings-all from normal site is now showing the
>> listings for TVNZ7 under Prime.
>>
>> Something has gone amiss somewhere ... I have looked under all the rocks
>> around here, and I can confirm it is not hiding here ;-)
>
> There is something strange going on you're quite right :)
>
> Occasionally some PIDS are getting mixed up during the run from the Sky
> transponder. It often seems to be One and Movie Greats.
>
> Interestingly it only seems to happen on Saturday. I haven't figured out
> what
> is causing it yet.

I've had this problem.

1 - There are the conflicting PIDS between Sky and freeview.

2. dvbsnoop seems to pick up some cached EIT data from the card if you
don't give it a chance to flush

What i do is run dvbsnoop and dump a 1000 packets before I run the EPG grab

 dvbsnoop -adapter ${CARD} -n 1000 -nph 0x12

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz