[mythtvnz] DVB-T working in NZ

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue May 6 06:41:26 BST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 5:25 pm, Paul Kendall wrote:

>> Any chance you can produce a diff against standard source?
>
> Sure thing. It'll be a massive patch though, as I upgraded ffmpeg.
> Perhaps a better strategy would be a patch to certain revision of ffmpeg
> and a
> patch to mythtv. This is basically how I built it here.

Yes that would be the best way to proceed. I was going to take a look at
your code to try and do the same myself, but you will probably know your
own changes a lot better.

>> Also it would be very useful if you were happy to submit this to the
>> ffmpeg team under the LGPL so that ffmpeg can handle the audio streams..
>
> I want to tidy it up a bit as it's C++ currently and the rest of ffmpeg is
> C.
> I don't think they would accept that. Also, it would be better to use the
> ffmpeg bit manipulation functions rather than the C++ doing the same basic
> thing. Perhaps I could then share some of that code to do a proper
> AAC-LATM
> parser for ffmpeg as well.

Yeah they don't accept C++ patches I'm afraid. If you can split the FFMPEG
patch out I might be able to help out on the re-factoring to C.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz