[mythtvnz] DVB-T working in NZ

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Tue May 6 06:25:53 BST 2008

> Any chance you can produce a diff against standard source?

Sure thing. It'll be a massive patch though, as I upgraded ffmpeg.
Perhaps a better strategy would be a patch to certain revision of ffmpeg and a
patch to mythtv. This is basically how I built it here.

> Also it would be very useful if you were happy to submit this to the
> ffmpeg team under the LGPL so that ffmpeg can handle the audio streams.

I want to tidy it up a bit as it's C++ currently and the rest of ffmpeg is C.
I don't think they would accept that. Also, it would be better to use the
ffmpeg bit manipulation functions rather than the C++ doing the same basic
thing. Perhaps I could then share some of that code to do a proper AAC-LATM
parser for ffmpeg as well.

> Steve

Paul