[mythtvnz] First time MythTV box - some questions...

toby toby at np.co.nz
Sat May 3 08:06:33 BST 2008

If you ring up sky and ask for a Sky decoder with an SVideo output, they
will replace your existing decoder with a new one.
It cost me around $20 one off charge.
It made quite an improvement to the capture quality.

It doesn't sound from your description like you have an IRblaster to
change the channel on the sky decoder.
You will probably have to make or buy one but they are fairly easy.
Mine was very easy to get going in Mythbuntu 8.04, you just choose
IRBlaster in the control panel then copy the change_chan script
somewhere useful and tell myth the path to it.

+1 on also buying a DVB card to go along with your sky decoder. If for
no other reason that the picture quality is an order of magnitude better.

Regards
Toby