[mythtvnz] First time MythTV box - some questions...

Phill Coxon phill at getresults.co.nz
Sat May 3 03:22:52 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've just picked up a very cheap PVR-150 so decided I should finally get
around to building a mythtv box into a crappy old compaq desktop I had
lying around.

I've installed MythBuntu 8.04 and zoomed through the initial
configuration to get it up and running.

The initial questions I have are:

1) How do I configure the remote / receiver?

The PVR-150 I bought came with two remotes - the one included in the
PVR-150 Media Center box with the square "windows" button (no model
number that I can find) and another brand new one with a round "windows"
button with a model number TSHA-IR01.

The two IR receivers / transmitters look identical but have model
numbers TSES-IR01 and TSES-IR12 respectively.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to which remote(s) +
receiver(s) I should be selecting from the config list?

2) I will be using this box to record content off our sky decoder so I
can watch movies / documentaries etc at a later date.

What's the best way to connect the sky box ouput to the PVR-150? It has
a scart cable attached at the moment but no s-video lead.  Does anyone
know if I can replace that with a scart cable with s-video on it to plug
into the PVR-150? Otherwise I guess I'm stuck with the standard coax
connector.

3) What's the best way to integrate mythtv so that I can select and mark
content I want to record?

Can I use the mythtv EPG to view sky listings, select programs to record
and have the IR blaster tell the sky box what to do at the right time?

Thanks!