[mythtvnz] Telstraclear Cable Free to air

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Mon Mar 31 01:01:53 BST 2008

>> I have been happily using mythtv on debian to record freeview out of
>> Dunedin for a couple of years.
>> I have recently shifted to Wellington and unfortunately don't have a
>> dish on the roof, I do however have cable coming in and am using it
>> for internet.
>> What I would like to know is:
>>
>> Is there any way to get the FTA Telstraclear channels without a set
>> top box?

I've heard this 2nd hand but as far as I know you can use a DVB-C Card to
see the Cable Broadcast Channels on TelstraClear Cable.  Something like a
Dreambox with DVB-C card and you can use the Smartcard in it if you have an
access card  to see the pay for pay for channels. But if your "allowed to"
use third party hardware is something up to you. (see your T&C on the use of
the service) is the question.

And I'll leave it at that.

Thanks