[mythtvnz] NTP tip

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:05:40 BST 2008

That would be causing a few issues then ... as I'm using network
manager for  a wireless connection...

Is there a safe way to trigger the ntp starting after network manager connects?

Jason Taylor

On 30/03/2008, Mark van Dijk <mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> occasionally i'm missing the end of some shows - even though i record
>  for an extra 5 mins.  After some head scratching I just happened to
>  notice that the clock on my MythTV box was several minutes out even
>  though i had configured NTP when i first installed it.
>
>  Did a "ntpq -p" from the command line and got a "No association ID's
>  returned" error message coming back.  After a bit of playing around i
>  fixed it by restarting NTP with "sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart".
>
>  Someone in an internet forum somewhere mentioned that this can happen
>  when ntpd starts up before an IP address has been assigned by DHCP.
>
>  --
>  Mark van Dijk

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull
day." - Calven