[mythtvnz] NTP tip

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz
Sun Mar 30 09:55:27 BST 2008

occasionally i'm missing the end of some shows - even though i record
for an extra 5 mins.  After some head scratching I just happened to
notice that the clock on my MythTV box was several minutes out even
though i had configured NTP when i first installed it.

Did a "ntpq -p" from the command line and got a "No association ID's
returned" error message coming back.  After a bit of playing around i
fixed it by restarting NTP with "sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart".

Someone in an internet forum somewhere mentioned that this can happen
when ntpd starts up before an IP address has been assigned by DHCP.

--
Mark van Dijk