[mythtvnz] CoreAVC for Linux

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Mar 28 22:34:58 GMT 2008

On Sat, March 29, 2008 9:02 am, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:41 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
>

>> I tried it against mplayer but couldn't get it to work. Wasn't sure if
>> it
>> was the version of the CoreAVC library or the version of mplayer that
>> was
>> the issue, and I haven't played for a month or so with it.
>>
>> There was an issue were the Linux support didn't support interlaced
>> frames, and I don't know if that has been resolved.
>
> I tried and it fails worse than the built in support for the H264. You
> can only use coreavc v1.3 which is pretty old and v1.5+ coreavc is not
> supported with coreAVC for Linux.
>
> Guess we'll just have to wait until mythtv sync the ffmpeg with the
> mplayer one.

Even that isn't enough. I'm running ffmpeg and mplayer SVN and tuning to
the DTT channels.

720p channels play ok (ish) on a dual core

576i channels look awful due to poor support for the PAFF interlaced variant

1080i channel again has interlaced issues, plus my machine doesn't appear
to be powerful enough for it.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz