[mythtvnz] tuner allocation issue

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 26 01:25:23 GMT 2008

Wade Maxfield wrote:
> Mark van Dijk wrote:
>> Note 2:  all recordings start/and end 10 mins early/late

> The setting you changed is a soft pre/post roll. It's suppposed to
> behave like that. It was designed for situations where you need the
> recording to start a little early because of some external timing issues
> (like waiting for a set top box to change channels, or warm up, etc)
> This topic is well covered on the main MythTV users list (you can search
> the archives at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ )

> If you want it to use different tuners, then you need to set the end
> late time on each individual recording.

You're thinking of different settings I believe.  Not at home to check,
but you do NOT have to set each recording to start early and finish late.
There's another setting (somewhere) that sets a "start recording early" if
available, which works in the way you want it to.

I believe it was Hadley who posted about 6 months ago with instructions on
this.

Or if the broadcasters were more accurate about starting/finishing on time
it'd be no issue...

Or in a perfect world, the digital data stream would have a tag saying
"program starts NOW" and
"PROGRAM adverts ads ads ads adverts PROGRAM"

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/