[mythtvnz] DVB-T

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Tue Mar 18 10:45:32 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 22:33 +1300, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> > Yup.. TVNZ have decided to simulcast in AC3 and AAC for TV One and TV 2.
> >
> > Surprised at the two different subtitle variants. They must both be
> > embedded in the same DVB PID.

I went back to mythtv and I can now view TV1 and TV2 100% even with AC3
Multichannel sound coming out of the SPDIF (my reciever says its Dolby
Digital 3/2.1 Sound (All 5 speakers Enabled), but have yet to hear
anything apart from 2 channels as I guess there is nothing broadcast yet
which uses it.  Also uses ~100% of the 4800+ AMD64 X2 Processor (99% on
Xorg on 1 processor and ~80%  mythfrontend on the other processor and
rarely it goes to 100% and you get video slowing down)

Maybe a 4800+ is a tiny little bit slow until nvidia give linux users
the ability to use h264 hardware speedup on their cards (purevideo)

The other channels are using Interlaced H264 stuff which gives mythtv
problems so you get..

2008-03-18 23:18:49.217 [h264 @ 0xb7253468]Interlaced pictures + spatial
direct mode is not implemented

and crashes mythtv 1/2 the time

testing the radio NZ National you get lots of audio buffering stops and
starts. Its a MP3 Stream which you can heaer

the funny thing is. I'l back to using rabbit ears to see the DVB-T :-)
TV1+2 do work 100% in mythtv until probably next week when they change
codecs again :-)