[mythtvnz] Memory. Re: (no subject)

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 13 06:00:01 GMT 2008

Graeme Woollett wrote:
>> -256Mb of Ram. (would there be much gained if I had 512?)
> 256MB for a backend/frontend box isn't enough, 1GB is comfortable

Balls.

mythbox:~# free -m
            total      used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:         501       462         39          0          0        295
-/+ buffers/cache:     166        334
Swap:        486         1        485

That's 166 MB used on the backend and 170 Mb used on the front end.
256 MB plus some swap should be fine.

tv:~# free -m
           Total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        503        497          6          0          1        326
-/+ buffers/cache:     170        333
Swap:         0          0          0

If Matthew wanted to spend big money he would.  But more disk and more
CPU is more use.

You do make a good point about freeview - DTT is worth waiting for IMO.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/