[mythtvnz] Freeview DTT Service Name Announced

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Mar 13 00:07:54 GMT 2008

Freeview today announced the name, and unveiled the logo, of its new HD
capable digital terrestrial service. It will be known as the
Freeview|HD(TM) service.

“We want consumers to know what their choices are for digital television
and radio access. The name we’ve chosen clearly does that. It’ll enable
consumers to clearly identify the consumer electronics devises that
include a Freeview HD capable receiver and provides broadcasters with a
platform to showcase high definition programming. The Freeview|HD(TM)
platform will be operating at the cutting edge of broadcasting
innovation,” says Steve Browning, General Manager, Freeview.

I've put the logo up in the version of this at http://www.openmedia.co.nz

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz