[mythtvnz] Hardy updates breaks schedule

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Mon Jun 30 01:13:40 BST 2008

I hope nobody minds me posting my own replies, Further evidence in the
following of the /var/log/apt/term.log

Setting up mythtv-database (0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu3.1) ...
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (Unable to load Gnome -- is libgnome2-perl installed?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs
shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld
   ...done.
Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
Failed to create database (incorrect admin username/password?)
It's also possible that mysql-server wasn't running.  After install
is completed, you will need to make sure mysql-server is running
and that you supplied correct information. Try:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database

We did the following
dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
then :
dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-backend
dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-fronted
'et voila'
Looking back, this seems quite obvious and easy but needed hunting the
logs to find out. Anyway, FIXED! (1 1/2 hours)

Barry