[mythtvnz] Delurking with a sound levels issue in Mythbuntu 8.04

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Jun 27 00:36:57 BST 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008 11:22:33 Sid Jones wrote:
> Hey all, long time reader with an issue,  so yeah hi ;)

Hi :)

> I'm having issues with my new mythbuntu 8.04 install and maintaining
> mixer settings.
>
> I've got the myth master volume at 100% and the PCM volume at 80% and
> I've been using xfce4-mixer to set volumes once I've got picture on
> screen.
>
> The problem is  the settings from this don't seem to be
> persistent [if I stop "watch tv" and then start "watch tv" again my
> levels are again all too low.
>
> Seems to me to be *way* too many places to set the volume.
>
> Hints? What am I missing?

There are setting in Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles which myth
will use as defaults when starting a recording. You'll likely need to change
them for both the Default and Live TV profiles.

HTH

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.