[mythtvnz] Delurking with a sound levels issue in Mythbuntu 8.04

Sid Jones mythtvnz at uuuuuu.net
Fri Jun 27 00:22:33 BST 2008

Hey all, long time reader with an issue,  so yeah hi ;)

I'm having issues with my new mythbuntu 8.04 install and maintaining
mixer settings.

I've got the myth master volume at 100% and the PCM volume at 80% and
I've been using xfce4-mixer to set volumes once I've got picture on
screen.

The problem is  the settings from this don't seem to be
persistent [if I stop "watch tv" and then start "watch tv" again my
levels are again all too low.

Seems to me to be *way* too many places to set the volume.

Hints? What am I missing?

--
cheers, Sid