[mythtvnz] Using Universal Multi-LNB (D1 & D2)

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Thu Jun 26 22:04:54 BST 2008

Johan Schuld wrote:
>  "2008-06-25 23:49:03.246 DVBChan(2:0): Tune(): Tuning to 9737544kHz"
> (See complete log section below)

This really looks like it's tried to take 10600000 away from 12456 and
wrapped =)
Make sure that in Myth all your frequencies are padded with zeros

> On a side note: the -tone option does not do anything. It does not
> generate an error, nor does it have an effect. Maybe it depends on the
> version.

Ahhh yes - I did have trouble with tone and dvbstream.  dvbtune works
for me though.  I can find you version numbers if it comes to that.

> In addition, in the dvbstream output it lists "tone=off", which I
> assume is the 22khz tone. I expect this to be on, as we want the
> higher band. Given that dvbstream works, I tried the same in mythtv by
> selecting a custom LNB, using the normal frequencies (Low=9750,
> High=10600) but setting the switching frequency very high (12750).
> Unfortunately still no luck, but also a bit of a trail-error as I have
> not found a way to verify if that 22khz tone is there or not (I'm
> almost getting the scope out to verify)

Ahhh you want the switching freq to be low.  So that anything you want
to tune to is in the High band and therefor a tone is generated.
And yes you're right - Tone seems to be an act of faith.  I think there
was some way to interogate the card to see what it was currently tuned
to, but I can't remember at the moment what it is.

> So still trying away here. I am a bit out of options at the moment,
> and considering I might need to think about a Motec dish motor, given
> that the reception of D2 is very bad anyway. Does anyone have
> experience with that?

I've heard a lot of moaning about how long motors take to move dishes.
Anyone here have one?   I'd say more people on the list have multi focus
dishes and DiSEqC switches.
They work pretty well on the whole =\

Dean