[mythtvnz] help! I changed the backend IP!

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Mon Jun 16 11:15:00 BST 2008

Hi there

I've had to reconfigure our home network onto a different IP address
space and the only thing that I can't get to work is mythtv!

I altered $HOME/.mythtv/mythtv.txt appropriately, and mythfrontend runs,
but when I choose Recordings, I cannot get any to work. They show up,
but when you "chose" one, mythfrontend hangs. strace shows mythfrontend
trying to connect to the old IP address:

18702 access("myth://old.ip.address:6543/4_20080615202000.mpg", F_OK) =
-1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I have done a "mysqldump mythconverg --skip-opt|grep old.ip.address" and
changed them all over to the new IP - but it is still happening.

Any ideas? I've run out of places to edit!

Thanks

Jason