[mythtvnz] help with Epg and advice on HD

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 22:24:39 BST 2008

Mark,

Can't help you on the first point, I use Reven's xmlTVNZ and have found
v3 very good.

As far as HD, what is your current graphics card? I think the general
consensus is the need for hardware HD acceleration, such as a 8500GT. I
have been trying to play HD (TV3's 1080i) on my system with a 2.4GHz A64
1GB and 6100 graphics and it isn't up to it. I get 100% CPU and the
video lags the audio by 3+ seconds, with skipping etc.
So to answer our question I wouldn't get a digital card unless you also
got (or have) a graphics card with HD acceleration.

Andrew