[mythtvnz] LCD TV recommendations (VGA input)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jun 5 03:19:49 BST 2008

I've just been caught by the specification trap - the Toshiba 37A3500 has
a 1368x768 display and supports 720p and 1080i. What the spec doesn't say
is that you can't get these through the PC (VGA) port which only supports
5:4 modes of VGA, SVGA and XGA resolutions. HDMI is NOT an option at the
moment - the existing frontend has work for a while longer!!

So the 1 day old TV goes back tomorrow and the hunt starts for a replacement.

37" sets are getting thin on the ground and 42" is too big to fit
comfortably twixt window and door so I'm also looking at 40". Does anyone
have experience of say the Sony KLV-40V300A which just fits into my main
requirement of being under $2000 ?

Hope someone is using VGA into an LCD set of about this size!!

--
Robin Gilks