[mythtvnz] Detect manual power-on and start MythFrontend - how?

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 2 11:21:37 BST 2008

Matt Poff wrote:
> Curious to know how others are handling this (if at all)?

I don't - kinda.  My backend is always on, but is out in the garage
where the aerials are.  It doesn't even have X installed.

Theres an old P3 inside as a dedicated front end, which runs X out of
inittab, and then runs mythfrontend out of that user's .Xsession file.
  Then when X quits it runs sudo poweroff.

I looked at software suspend, which half worked for me.  It would
merrily suspend, but failed to restore leaving me with a corrupted
swap and a fsck/journal replay on boot.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/