[mythtvnz] Detect manual power-on and start MythFrontend - how?

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Jun 2 08:59:16 BST 2008

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:46:26 Matt Poff wrote:
> I'd like to set things so if I manually power the machine on I don't
> need to launch the frontend manually - it's a pain having to wait
> around for the system to boot so I can launch the frontend from
> MythWelcome. What's the best way to do this? There don't appear to be
> any init hooks available to MythWelcome to test how the machine was
> started up. Mythbackend has the $status var for detecting a manual or
> auto start-up but this isn't used by MythWelcome.
>
> Curious to know how others are handling this (if at all)?

I don't handle this as our boxes are always on, I also don't know of any built
in ways to handle it.

If you don't get any better ideas then I'd probably run a script at startup
which does;

grep "woken up by" mythbackend.log | tail -1 | awk '{print $NF}'

(where ever your backend log is) and start mythfrontend based on the result of
that.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware