[mythtvnz] Asus EN7200GS/HTD/256M

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 04:07:47 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Jeremy Lamb <nzlamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> Does anyone here have experience with the Asus EN7200GS/HTD/256M video card?
> They seem to be insanely cheap via the likes of Ascent and such at the
> moment.
>
> The need comes about as I'd like a passive-cooled, low-profile card for my
> Myth box that features component output. Can anyone here confirm that it is
> actually low-profile? I can't seem to find any concrete information about
> it.

This page has three photos at the bottom, one is clearly NOT low
profile, 2 might be. However even the low profile looking ones have a
full height backplane and if they don't deliver a half height one, you
have to buy one that fits.

Is PCIe what you want?

Doesn't look to have component out to me, but I am not sure what they
mean by "HDTV-out"

At some stage nVidia stopped including XvMC so if you want that you
better cehck it out. I am pretty confident in saying that XvMC is NOT
in the 8000 series or 9000 series cards, unsure about 7000. (I am
basing this on discussions I have seen on mythtv-use mailing list.)

Ahhh here is the thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/342072 - looks like
the 7000 series probably does have xvmc.