[mythtvnz] Problems with PVR Analog and DVB-S Cards

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Sat Jul 19 05:11:02 BST 2008

I can report some successes, thanks again - I did indeed have some
untidiness with callsigns and it was messing me up. So now recordings follow
the right priorities. But I still have one remaining issue that I cant work
out.

When I go to live TV, it always defaults to the analogue card first (which
is connected to the sky STB). This can be a nuisance because I have my STB
wired to transmit to two rooms and going to live TV changes the channel to
the starting channel, much to the annoyance of the person watching sky in
another room (and usually results in reduced waf). It would make life easier
for me if live TV just went to the DVB card by default.

Is this possible? Is it to do with the order that the cards were physically
installed?

Myusual workaround is to not use Live TV but to start recordings instead.
That's OK but not always intuitive for less technical users.

Hamish - I was just reading the wiki (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1) and I wondered if your
problem might be a mismatch between sources and hardware inputs?

- DL