[mythtvnz] No line-in sound with Hauppauge Nova S Plus card

Chris Robertson chris at teamrobertson.co.nz
Tue Jul 8 03:27:58 BST 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> Take a look at your v4lctl and make sure all the settings look right.
> Sound may be muted etc.
>
> Also tools like xawtv can be helpful (I'm assuming this ISN"T a card
> with an MPEG2 hardware encoder, if it is you need a different set of
> settings altogether)

Thanks for the reply, Nick. I think you are right about the card =>
haven't found anywhere that says for certain, but the talk of using the
"SoftPVR" application for recording from the composite input implies the
card doesn't have a hardware encoder. I'll have a play with v4lctl and
xawtv tonight.

Cheers,
Chris