[mythtvnz] Dead... again.

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jul 7 07:58:46 BST 2008

> This time, KnoppMyth reckons that the mysql.hosts table is in the wrong
> format, and mysqld will not bloody load. Stupid bloody unstable thing. I'm
> tempted to backup all the recordings to a 1TB drive, install XP and put
> Media Portal or MCE or something on it.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this? I tried myisamchk -r on the
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql/host.MYI file, no joy.

This is the contents of the mythtv file in my /etc/cron.daily file. Your
distribution may do it slightly differently but what it comes down to is
running 'optimize_mythdb.pl' from the contrib  directory of mythtv
regularly. Its not so much an optimize but a repair if required.

#!/bin/sh
#
# Uncomment the following if you want to
# clean up your mysql database regularly.
#
#
# This is part of the MythTV contrib package.
#

export HOME='/home/mythtv'

/usr/local/bin/optimize_mythdb.pl

--