[mythtvnz] Strange differences in recordings.

Phillip Baird phillip.baird at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:58:13 GMT 2008

The other night we recorded House followed by Boston Legal, then I
edited and transcoded them both to remove the ads.  Looking at the Jobs
in the status window House went from 1.9Gb to 1.6.  Boston Legal on the
other hand went from something like 4.2GB to 3.6.

Now considering both shows are about the same length I'm stumped to
explain the massive difference in the reported file sizes.

Another symptom was House played back perfectly while Boston Legal's
audio was out of sync with the video.

As far as I can tell both shows were recorded using the Default profile
and then trancoded using the Default transcoder.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened?

thanks

Phil