[mythtvnz] SkyStar2 USB Remote

Cameron cmcconnochie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:16:45 GMT 2008

Unfortunately neither of those plans work for me.  I'm get nothing when
I press buttons on the remote (I have checked the batteries :-)).  I'm
guessing that its because the IR reciever isn't working ???

Here's the ouput of lsusb -v (I hope it's helpful):

    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 147a:e02d Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.
    Device Descriptor:
      bLength                18
      bDescriptorType         1
      bcdUSB               1.10
      bDeviceSubClass         0
      bDeviceProtocol         0
      bMaxPacketSize0         8
      idVendor           0x147a Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.
      idProduct          0xe02d
      bcdDevice            0.06
      iManufacturer           1 Formosa21
      iProduct                2 USB IR Receiver
      iSerial                 0
      bNumConfigurations      1
      Configuration Descriptor:
        bLength                 9
        bDescriptorType         2
        wTotalLength           34
        bNumInterfaces          1
        bConfigurationValue     1
        iConfiguration          4 HID Device
        bmAttributes         0x80
          (Bus Powered)
        MaxPower              100mA
        Interface Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType         4
          bInterfaceNumber        0
          bAlternateSetting       0
          bNumEndpoints           1
          bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Devices
          bInterfaceSubClass      1 Boot Interface Subclass
          bInterfaceProtocol      2 Mouse
          iInterface              0
            HID Device Descriptor:
              bLength                 9
              bDescriptorType        33
              bcdHID               1.10
              bCountryCode            0 Not supported
              bNumDescriptors         1
              bDescriptorType        34 Report
              wDescriptorLength      63
              Report Descriptor: (length is 63)
                Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                                Generic Desktop Controls
                Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x06 ] 6
                                Keyboard
                Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                                Application
                Item(Global): Report ID, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x07 ] 7
                                Keyboard
                Item(Local ): Usage Minimum, data= [ 0xe0 ] 224
                                Control Left
                Item(Local ): Usage Maximum, data= [ 0xe7 ] 231
                                GUI Right
                Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
                Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                                Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                                Preferred_State No_Null_Position
    Non_Volatile Bitfield
                Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
                Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x65 ] 101
                Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x07 ] 7
                                Keyboard
                Item(Local ): Usage Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                                No Event
                Item(Local ): Usage Maximum, data= [ 0x65 ] 101
                                Keyboard Application (Windows Key for
    Win95 or Compose)
                Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                                Data Array Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                                Preferred_State No_Null_Position
    Non_Volatile Bitfield
                Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
                Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0xbd 0xff ] 65469
                                (null)
                Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x88 ] 136
                                (null)
                Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                                Physical
                Item(Global): Report ID, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                                (null)
                Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x64 ] 100
                Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
                Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                                Data Array Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                                Preferred_State No_Null_Position
    Non_Volatile Bitfield