[mythtvnz] Convert existing Frontend to a diskless Frontend

John Moore jsmoore at orcon.net.nz
Sun Jan 20 03:32:38 GMT 2008

Hello All,

I have been wanting to have a diskless frontend for a while now, but the
issue of rebuilding the frontend and losing all the changes I researched
and made for the VFD display and Remote etc has made me very reluctant.

However I was wondering if there is any straight forward way to take my
current setup and convert it to a image that can be saved on the backend
and then used to boot the diskless frontend.
I am a relatively noob to Linux, but have been playing around with
Knoppmyth for the last 3 years.

Any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
John