[mythtvnz] Need some help to polish my first Myth install...

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Jan 7 08:59:34 GMT 2008

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:53:23 Duncan Kennington wrote:
> It could also be just interlacing.  I don't think the default settings
> for TV Playback have a deinterlacer enabled.
>
> Check Settings/TV Settings/Playback.  The first setting on the first
> page is Deinterlace playback.  Turn this on and try Linear Blend or
> Bob (2x framerate).
>
> There are a great number of different opinions on what the best one
> is, but just try a few until you find a picture you're happy with.
>
> Having said all that, you can still get tearing, but I don't think
> that's what you're seeing based on that screenshot....

Hmm, I guess I jumped in a bit quick, I didn't actually look at the
screenshot :) From the looks of it Duncan is quite right.

As an aside there are a couple of new interlacers in trunk, they work well
(look better to me than the others).

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware