[mythtvnz] MythTV in a window

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Sun Feb 24 03:15:19 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 11:53 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > Anyway, I decided I quite liked the idea of having TV playing in a small
> > window while I'm working and went looking for something similar for my
> > Linux PC. I found this workaround and it's really quite cool, so I thought
> > I would share it.
>
> Yeah, I use the geometry option all the time on my desktop, 'tis cool.
>
> mythfrontend -w -geometry 1280x720 -l frontend.log

I do something similar if I'm testing out a new build.  I've just
configured the resolution the MySQL DB for my workstation to be a
smaller resolution.  Then I just run mythfrontend and wham, it is in a
smaller window.

The only real annoyance I have is it quite often wants to delete the UI
cache and rebuild everything.  Hopefully in a future version it'll cache
different size UI features.  (/me waits for hads to tell him the svn
revision which adds this feature)

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven