[mythtvnz] MythTV in a window

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Feb 22 22:53:54 GMT 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008 11:29:12 David Lowe wrote:
> I've been playing a bit with the Windows MythTV player from
> http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/.
>
> It's pretty good with recordings, but I've found it not so crash hot with
> Live TV.

There have been a few people working on getting mythfrontend working under
mingw on Windows. I don't follow it as I'm not interested but I think there
may be a build script in tree now.

> Anyway, I decided I quite liked the idea of having TV playing in a small
> window while I'm working and went looking for something similar for my
> Linux PC. I found this workaround and it's really quite cool, so I thought
> I would share it.

Yeah, I use the geometry option all the time on my desktop, 'tis cool.

mythfrontend -w -geometry 1280x720 -l frontend.log

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware